is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession
of a good pair of eyes - or at least a good memory - must be in want
of Sabrina. And in the 1950s and 1960s, the press knew that red-blooded
men could not get enough of her. Naturally, most of the coverage was
pictorial, but there were a few gems of articles written with just enough
words to justify publishing another picture.
of these magazines (those marked with an asterisk) were generously provided
by the mysterious Good Sir H, who prefers to retain the
mystery of his true identity (as many of our contributors do - strange,
that!). He delivered to nylon.net headquarters a massive bundle of original
publications and glossy photos from the heyday of Sabrina. Several others
have been personally scanned and sent by the devoted David Jackson,
whose memory will forever burn bright in the Sabrina
Hall of Fame.
Each publication has been lovingly scanned to milk its full, creamy Sabrina
Goodness for distribution to the Sabrina Fans of the modern world.
Draw the screens, settle back, and enjoy the spectacle of Sabrina in
the magazines of the day.
first 3 publications are undated. Anyone with any clues as to their
publication dates, please let me know!
- Sex-quisite - A Sabrina Album -
a Sabrina-sized compendium, year unknown (is 1956 or 1957).
- Sabrina through the looking
glass. Best of QT (1950s)
- Inside Sabrina - Film and TV Parade #13
- 'Blighty' 10 April 1954 - Blighty, pre-Sabrina days*
- A Lancashire choice to beat the Italian Beauties, Picture Post, 8 Jan1955 - thanks to David J
- Blackpool Blonde, Span #6, Feb1955 - thanks again to Sir David J
- Programme, SIR? Spick Feb 1955 - pre-Sabrina! David J again!
- Talk of the Town, Spick #18, Feb1955 - A round of applause for Sir David J.
- The BBC goes Berserk! Picturegoer, 19 March 1955, thanks to Kevin Hobbs!
- Sabrina! Our Covergirl - April 1955 - another treasure from Sir David J
- '66' magazine - a Sabrina souvenir. 66, Number 4. 1955*
- TV's New Star, Foto Issue 3, probably 1955.
- NEWS: Sabrina Strikes New Note - Daily Mirror, 31 May 1955
- Sabrina Washes Her Hair, A.M. 21 June 1955.
- Make Way for Sabrina! Picturegoer, 25 June 1955. Discusses Stock Car. Thanks, Reg.
- NEWS: Sabrina's Act will be a Surprise (Park Lane Press Conference) - Daily Mirror, 25 June 1955
- One Look and all Britain Gasped - People June 29, 1955
- NEWS: Sabrina Figures it Out - The Argus (Melbourne), 2 July 1955 (expanded 17sep2012)
- NEWS: The Beauty Who Doesn't Talk - The Argus, 5 July 1955
- NEWS: Sabrina Tore Up Her Past - Argus (Melbourne), 11 July 1955 (nudie playing cards)
- NEWS: Sabrina and the Three Deuces at Chiswick Empire - Record Mirror, 25 July 1955
- NEWS: The Day I Dated A Pinup - Daily Mirror, 30 Aug 1955
- Australasian Post (cover only) - 1 September 1955
- NEWS: Sabrina - a Dumb Blonde But Wise - Argus, 13 October 1955
- Sabrina in 3D with Terry-Thomas - Picture Post 29 October 1955
- Beautiful Britons, November 1955 - thanks to David J
- Male, November 1955
- Don't Make a Mug Out of Me says Sabrina - Picturegoer Nov 12, 1955
- Sabrina and Marilyn - Picturegoer 3 Dec 1955
- Diary of a Dream girl - TV Mirror 17 Dec 1955
- NEWS: ONE in the EYE for STEVE -
When Sabrina said it with flowers - Daily Mirror 17 Dec 1955
- NEWS: Sabrina weeps as Steve flies away - Daily Mirror, 28 December 1955
- A Very Cute Cookie - Photoplay, Jan 1956
- Nudes Return to Harass Star - Associated Press (found in Meriden Record) 8 Jan 1956
- Samba Sabrina - Nelson Leader, 20 Jan 1956
- Night and Day - Jan 1956 (U.S.)
- England's Jayne Mansfield - People January 1956*
- NEWS: Bosomy Sabrina Gets the Sack - [AP] 16 January 1956
- NEWS: Sabrina knocks fans over... and vice versa! - Nelson Leader - Friday 27 January 1956. Page 7
- The Natural Look Is Back - The Argus, 24 February 1956
- PhotoPlay March 1956*
- Carnival April 1956
- At Home with Sabrina - Spick & Span Extra, Spring 1956 - a David J presentation
- Double Feature, Beautiful Britons #8, June 1956 - a David J presentation.
- Most Popular TV Star, Modern Man, June 1956, thanks to Sir Tim.
- Radio Review, 6 July 1956
- Sabrina and Corinne - Span #23, July 1956 - thanks to David J
- When Sabrina was shot in the nude! Lowdown, July 1956
- What now for Sabrina? - Picturegoer 28 July 1956
- Elementary My Dear Watson, Point, July 1956 - another Reg surprise!
- 'Blighty' 11 August 1956*
- The World's Dumbest Blonde, Modern Man, August 1956
- Why Sabrina Won't Talk- Picture Week 15 Sept 1956*
- NEWS: Sabrina Says Her Piece - Daily Mirror, 28 Sept 1956
- Sabrina's Secret Shocker - Picture Digest Oct 1956
- What I Think About Men - TV Mirror - 13 Oct 1956
- NEWS: Sabrina Has a Secret - Argus 26 October 1956
- Sabrina's a Vulture for Culture - People (Aust), 31 Oct 1956
- Eye Stopper from Britain - Adventure magazine, Nov 1956 (17 nice pix!)
- NEWS: Sabrina goes back to her pork pie - Daily Express,
6 Nov 1956
- TV Star is seen but not heard - Pix (Aust) 10 Nov 1956
- NEWS: A not-so-dumb blonde with a ... TREASURE CHEST - Daily Mirror, 12 Nov 1956
- What do they see in Sabrina? Adam, Vol 2, Num 1, 1957 (month unknown)
- 'Blighty' 5 January 1957*
- Hark! Sabrina has broken her silence! Australasian Post 17 Jan 1957
- NEWS: The dress that shocked Val Parnell - Daily Mirror, 2 Feb 1957
- NEWS: Sabrina and Steve Make It Up - Daily Mirror, 6 Feb 1957
- Sabrina Girds - the story of the original 19" belt
- NEWS: Sabrina proves her waist is 19in. Daily Mirror, 11 Mar 1957
- NEWS: Stop Being Catty About Sabrina, Girls! Daily Mirror, 3 July 1957
- NEWS: Sabrina Special! Weekly Sporting Review. 18 April 1957
- NEWS: A review of 'Plaisirs de Paris', The Stage, 25 April 1957
- A girl who is a legend in her own lifetime - Foto #44, 1957?
- Span #33 - May 1957
- Sabrina tells her secret - Pictorial (Australia), 13 May 1957
- Art and Photography, May 1957
- Sabrina, Beautiful Britons #20, June 1957 - thanks David J!
- Sabrina Leads the way. Spick & Span Extra No. 6, Spring 1957 - thanks David J
- Sabrina - Lend-lease nude. Sir! (USA) Sept 1957
- NEWS: Out-of-fashion figures are streamlined in hospital - Daily Express, 2 Sept 1957
- NEWS: Swotter in a Sweater (The Method) - Daily Mirror, 9 Sept 1957
- Sabrina Surprised - Male Point of View, October 1957
- I haven't a real friend in the world - TV Mirror 5 Oct 1957
- It's the prudes who make me see red! - Lancashire Evening Post - Monday 28 October 1957
- A Day In the Life of Sabrina - Photoplay Oct 1957
- When Sabrina lost her Dress in the Street - Exposed, Oct 1957* (Thanks to Sir H)
- '66' Star Feature on Sabrina, October 1957 - thanks to David Jackson
- NEWS: A BIT OF A SQUEEZE when June bought a dress from Sabrina - Daily Mirror, 16 Nov 1957
- When Sabrina Crowned Steve Cochran With a Vase Confidential, Nov 1957 thanks to Reg!
- Sabrina Today - Span, November 1957*
- NEWS: Big Bosomed Newcomer (and other titles) - Associated Press. 1 Dec 1957
- Sabrina Recites Gripes - Canadian Press 4 Dec 1957 - her complaints about critics.
- The Amazing Sabrina Survival - Picturegoer, 28 December 1957
- Why Sabrina Stopped Playing with the Playboys - Uncensored, January 1958
- NEWS: Sabrina books a sound-proof room - Daily Mirror, 27 January 1958
- You'll be fitter if you're fatter - Australasian Post, 27 Feb 1958
- Sabrina: made to measure - Crowd, 19 Mar 1958 [Australian]
- British S-Bomb, Foto-Rama, March 1958
- NEWS: Sabrina, Lady Violet and car S-41 - Daily Express, 29 Apr 1958
- NEWS: Something in the City! - Daily Express, 30 April 1958
- NEWS: The Police - and Parking - Daily Express, 30 April 1958
- NEWS: The Cool Blonde - Daily Express, 13 May 1958
- NEWS: Does your Speech stamp you? - Daily Express, 20 May 1958
- Sabrina Slays the Yanks. '66' May 1958
- People (Australia), 11 June 1958
- Where are we bound? The Gent, August 1958
- Featuring Sabrina. '66' #34, August 1958
- My Night Out with Sabrina - Photoplay, Sept 1958
- NEWS: Mr. Muscles and Sabrina take to the horses - Daily Express, 15 Sept 1958
- NEWS: A Debut For Sabrina - Daily Express, 25 Sept 1958
- Scope, September 1958
- Escapade Interviews Sabrina - Escapade, Oct 1958 - thanks to Reg.
- Sabrina the Great - Pose, October 1958.
- England's Answer to Jayne Mansfield, HI-LIFE Nov 1958 - thanks to 'Argyletitz'
- NEWS: £2,500 an inch - the worth of one woman's bust - Sunday Gleaner, 23 November 1958
- Sabrina's Back! - Top Spot - 27 Dec 1958 - Thanks to David Jackson.
- NEWS: Steve Cochran is a real Cool Cat - Oakland Tribune, 27 Dec 1958
- 10 Top Glamour Photographers - Gigli discusses fashion photography - 3 of his shots of Sabrina (Added 20jan2016)
- Sabrina - an INCREDIBLE MISTAKE, Australasian Post 1 Jan 1959
- "Get over, Mug!" Sun-Herald, 22 Feb 1959
- Sabrina Gave Him The Eye - Australian Women's Weekly 25 Feb 1959
- NEWS: No Dumb Blonde! Sun-Herald, 1 March 1959
- NEWS: Sabrina Bungled It at Bondi Beach - Beverley Times (Western Australia) 5 March 1959
- Big Girl - Australian Women’s Weekly, 11 March 1959. Sabrina's appeal to little girls.
- Sabby becomes a mermaid - Australian Women's Weekly, 1 April 1959
- The Glamorous Headline Hunters, Modern Man, April 1959 - thanks, Reg!
- The Making of the Caltex ad and the Ardath Hit Parade - Pix 9 May 1959*
- She's Their Lucky Star - Australian Women's Weekly, 20 May 1959 - Ray Mann & Roy Bolwell
- A Sabrina Exclusive for Photo Digest, June 1959*
- Sabrina's Got What it Takes - Sir! Sept 1959
- Queen Sabrina - Modern Man Yearbook 1959
- THESE STATISTICS RUN TO PRETTY FIGURES, Blighty Parade, 31 Oct 1959
- A bust for Sabrina - Sir Knight, Vol 1 Num 9, 1959 - well worth a look!
- NEWS: Sabrina Not Normal - Minky not Tweedy - Winnipeg Free Press, 14 Dec 1959
- Sabrina takes a swim - '66' magazine January 1960*
- Come and Make Love to Me - Foto-Rama February 1960
- Sabrinia [sic] Quick,
- NEWS: Sabrina Cha-Cha's Instead Of DeGaulle - Sarasota 27 April 1960
- I Duped a Royal Prince - Australasian Post 9 June 1960 [part 1 of a series]
- My Life Story, by Sabrina. Australasian Post 23 June 1960* [part 3 of a series]
- Sabrina is antibikini! Ace, Aug 1960
- 'Pose' August 1960*
- NEWS: A transatlantic phone call to A LUCKY NUMBER - Daily Mirror, 8 Aug 1960
- Exclusive ... Sabrina! Mr Cool 1960
- Argosy, October 1960 (USA)
- The Blonde who Bombed Castro (USA) Picture Scope, Oct 1960
- When Sabrina's Birthday Cake was a Bust! (USA) Top Secret, Dec 1960
- Sabrina hits America - People, 1 March 1961*
- Sabrina's screen test for Satan in High Heels - Scene For Men, April 1961
- What's With Sabrina and Castro? - QT Magazine, May 1961*
- Sabrina's Got Problems - The Evening Standard (USA) 27 June 1961
- Sabrina's Secret Diet - Pix (Australia) 27 January 1962*
- In Praise of Bosoms - Spree 1962*
- Let's Have a Ball! Mosaic, 1962
- Sabrina - Modern Man Yearbook 1963
- NEWS: Sabrina is back with US accent and 7 bits of mink - Daily Express 18 Mar 1963
- NEWS: Mink is my Security - Daily Express, 19 March 1963
- Sabrina's Secret Diet - On the QT May 1963 (reworked from Pix 1962)
- The Day Sabrina Blew Her Top - Confidential, September 1963
- It's Too Hot for England! - Everybody's 4 Sep 1963
- Sabrina - England's Treasure Chest! Inside Story July 1964 (U.S.)
- Spick #131, Oct 1964. Thanks again to Sir David J
- NEWS: BIG, BIG SEARCH TO FIND A DOUBLE FOR JUNE - Daily Mirror, 30 Dec 1964
- Happy Landings, Spick Nov 1964. Thanks to David J.
- Sabrina - Spick 'n' Span, Spring 1965 courtesy of David J
- NEWS: The Department of What Are They Like Now? - Daily Mirror, 1 Oct 1968
- Russian Dressing Man's Epic, June 1971
- Big But Beautiful - Daily Express, 24 November 1976 - a rare find!
- NEWS: Sabrina, legend that can't be deflated - Daily Express, 20 May 1981
- The Erotic Review, September 2003 - a momentous moment!
Also see the Sabrina - Covergirl page.